Thursday, March 7, 2013

CHICKEN ITALIAN IT IS!

Guess what we had for supper last night.

Guess who took pictures while I was cooking of each step to show anyone, even a beginner, how to duplicate this recipe.

You are right...it was me.

We totally enjoyed the meal and I downloaded the pictures after supper and started to arrange them and write the book.  It is a short one, for sure.  But, the way it is written is totally appropriate for people who KNOW NOTHING about cooking.  They will be successful with this recipe if they will just try.  They don't really need to be able to read--just look at the pictures and duplicate it on their stove.

I've talked with several younger women who don't cook, never cooked, and aren't really interested in learning how to cook.  That just puts a person at the mercy of someone else as far as food is concerned--the cook in the family or what restaurants to eat at.  It's so much better to learn as many different skills as you can in life--then you can choose when you want to use them and when you don't.  And COOKING AT HOME SAVES YOU SO MUCH MONEY TOO.

It looks like there will be 12 pictures in the book.  I had to eliminate a couple of them, because the book took up too many kilobytes.

I learned how to zip a file today and then the pictures were resized; the way they were, I couldn't afford to publish this Kindle book because of how much it would cost to download each book from Amazon. 

Originally, it would have cost about $5.50 when a customer downloaded this book because of all the pictures.  No one would buy it at that price.  So, instead of ~20 KB like my last book, there were more than 30,000 KB in this book file!  Who knew that pictures took up so much space!  I didn't.

If you look at yesterday's post, you'll see that I was hoping to publish a Kindle book for free.  This was supposed to be it...well, it won't be.  I still have to determine what I'll ask for it.  I guess if I want to publish a book for free, it'll only have one picture and that one will be on the cover since that is not figured in the downloads.

No comments:

Post a Comment