Friday, June 14, 2013

MONEY SAVING HINTS FROM CLEANING OUT THE GARAGE

Every time I clean out the garage, I think it will be the last time for a LONG, LONG time.

Not so...somehow, it keeps filling up again.  Of course, our laundry room is out there as well, so that fills up a little more space.  (I just love the garage laundry room here in Florida.)

Sooo, today I decided to go out early and see what I could sort through and throw out or repurpose.

Some of my moneysavers:

     Metal cookie tin with cover--Neal rescued this one from the trash.  He said it would make an awesome container for his tool shelf.  OK.  Score one for free container.

     Plastic food containers that previously held potato salad etc.  Throw them out or save them?  I guess I'll save them to take on picnics, so I don't have to bring home dirty dishes.

     Vintage books about farming, building and the German language.  Some of these were from Neal's dad, so I'll be asking if it's OK to sell them on Ebay or Amazon.

     Also, I found a whole bunch of plastic containers for summer drinks and a big thermos that we can use for picnics.  I saved $ by not having to go out and buy some of these things.  We were looking at Big Lots yesterday at some summer stuff, and I'm glad we didn't buy any.

     Found Frisbees and folding chairs to pack in our car in anticipation of fun times.

     I also found ribbon and yarn in my chest of drawers where I've been storing them.  Forgot about them.  Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment