Monday, April 22, 2013

Saving Money on Biking

Here, in our neck of the woods, the roads are rough, with cracks in the pavement and grass and weeds (sandspurs) growing in places.  They definitely need to be repaved and our city is promising that will happen either this year, or next year, or the following year.

In the meantime, it is tough walking on our streets (we don't have sidewalks or gutters to walk in.)  We do even more biking on our streets. 

As a result, our tires suffer...we often develop blowouts or slow leaks that we find out about the next day.

We could take our tires to the bike shop and pay a lot of money each time our tires are flat.  Or we could save LOTS OF MONEY by buying replacement tubes and repair kits and doing it ourselves.  That's what we do!

This weekend we went for a nice little ride (about 7 miles or so) and had no problems on the ride.  The next day when we went to take the bikes out, my front tire was flat.  Real gone, man.  So, I rode my "old" bike, not very comfortable for long distances, but it will get me where I want to go.

I'm looking for Neal to fix my tire in the next day or so, and then we'll be off and away again, enjoying the Florida scenery and hoping to spot a wild animal or two on our rides!

No comments:

Post a Comment